I do not, as a rule, do memes. But as I’ve been tagged by Biking Brits, and it seems churlish not to, here goes. Six random things about me. Or rather, not random exactly, but six carefully selected ‘strange but true’ facts designed to make me seem fascinating while still preserving some vestigial air of mystery about me:
1. I am left handed. I think this has significantly warped my personality, but in a good way.
2. I used to play polo. Yes, the horse kind. No, I’m not that sort of a person, honestly. I was extremely bad at it, but if you like charging about on (someone else’s) horse, it’s amazing fun. Hitting the ball is optional, at least the way I played it.
3. At school I was in the fire brigade. I was also quite bad at that, because I had no upper body strength whatsoever, but prior to that the only connections girls had with the fire brigade was being rescued at Speech day demonstrations so I like to think I struck a (feeble) blow against inequality.
4. During the 1983 election we had a mock election at school and I stood as a Conservative and won a landslide victory. I have no idea what I was thinking at the time. Since then I have voted for every other major party except the ones with ‘nationalist’ in their titles.
5. As a child, pretty much no fruit or vegetable matter whatsoever passed my lips, with the exception of baked beans and orange juice. I was the original picky child. Since then, I’ve gradually been working my way through the vegetable kingdom and now eat most vegetables except those beginning with ‘C’. Parents of fussy children, take heart.
6. But I still can’t stand apples. I don’t even like to touch one, let alone eat it. This despite the fact that I don’t know what they taste like, because eeuw, that would mean eating one.
I’m not tagging anyone in particular, but if anyone wants to consider themselves tagged, feel free. And this is the last meme I will be doing, so I hope you enjoyed it.